Welcome to the Norwalk Public Schools Health Services Department. Here you will find health information that will be useful to you as your child journeys through the Norwalk Public School system. Feel free to download forms, view health requirements, and contact your school nurse with any questions or concerns.
The National Association of School Nurses defines school nursing as:
“A specialized practice of professional nursing that advances the well-being, academic success, and lifelong achievement of students. To that end, school nurses facilitate positive student responses to normal development; promote health and safety; intervene with actual and potential health problems; provide case management services; and actively collaborate with others to build student and family capacity for adaptation, self-management, self-advocacy, and learning.”
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How do I know if I should send my child to school due to illness or injury?
- Where can I find information about Religious Exemptions for the 2021-22 school year?
- Please view the CSDE Guidance regarding Religious Exemptions.
- For additional information on COVID-19, please visit our COVID-19 District Health Portal.
District Health Policy
- For additional information, please visit our District Health Center
For more information about the Health Services Department:
JoAnn Malinowski BSN RN NCSN
Coordinator of School Health Services
125 East Ave: Suite 116
Norwalk, CT 06850